Monday, May 21, 2012

Mommy Monday: Tiny blessings...

Well happy Mommy Monday to you!! Another week is here! I had the most relaxing lazy weekend ever. I didn't even get out of my jammies...except to shower of course. I caught up on all my dvr'd shows and indulged in my favorite ice cream. It was a great weekend.
Not sure if I mentioned but we recently downsized to a smaller apartment mostly to save money for future expenses. When we first moved to the northwest I too was working to help out. I found a part time job at a small real estate office in Portland. It wasn't a ton of money but it helped pay the bills and make ends meet. We lived comfortably. Unfortunately, due to the economy, the office had to shut their doors...leaving me without a job. Thankfully we had a small savings which supplemented our income for a while but we knew it wouldn't last forever. We had to make a smart financial decision...we decided to downsize to save money on rent. We prayed about it for a few months but knew it was the smart thing to do. It was hard to do this people. I was literally going to be in a home half the size. But we knew it was best and wise at the time. At first I missed the extra space but that feeling is long gone. I can have my entire place sparkling clean in just a few hours!! Can we say LOVE!! My husband and I have been put to the test before. Just when I think we have been humbled...the Lord throws us another curve ball. Though hard at first we play by the rules and in our case we started packing.

One thing I have learned through the years is that the Lord knows the desires of our heart and wishes to pour blessings on us.  Its seems that just after the storm comes the sun. And boy did the sun shine for us. Two days before we turned in our keys I got a call and was offered a great job! With the downsize we would be saving even more money with the new job. Talk about a blessing!!! But it gets better...

You may have read about our loss earlier this year at Empty Arms. We lost our first baby and it was the most devastating thing we have ever experienced. I know everything happens for a reason and that good comes from even the most devastating situations. And I was right. About a month and a half after my miscarriage the Lord blessed us with another baby!! His timing is perfect and looking back I realize that now. I look at my life and see all the "tiny blessings" passed my way and I am so thankful. Even through the nausea and saltine crackers I thank God for the miracle growing inside of me. We couldn't be happier!
Get ready to share this amazing journey with me and please feel free to offer up any advice. Were in this together!

We are all very fortunate and very blessed. Its funny how sometimes we have to experience a loss to realize what is really important in life. it really puts things into perspective. Count your blessings everyday and remember after the rain comes the sun...Genelle

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Genelle. God has brought you so far... He's not gonna let you down now! Can't wait to meet your little one. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh this is so exciting!! Always in Gods timing!!

    ReplyDelete