Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Perfect Patio

My husband and I live in a town home community nestled in the beautiful hills of Washington. The scenery is breathtaking. With the warm weather quickly approaching we are itching to spend more time outside. The sun sets around 9pm so we are lucky to have tons of daylight to enjoy. There is absolutely nothing more enjoyable than a cool summer night under the stars. Cannot wait for summer!! 
Our outdoor living space isn't much...we have a small patio that is in dire need of help...it is completely empty. I really want to create an outdoor living space but I am overwhelmed as to where I should start. Since we are renting I don't want to spend a ton of money on the furniture and decor. I am in serious need of inspiration and direction. I know I would like a place to sit and kick our feet up as well as a place to eat when we barbecue. I found a few spaces that caught my eye...


These are just a handful of the wonderful ideas I found. Whether your outdoor space is big or small, the possibilities are endless. When tackling any outdoor space the most important thing to determine is the overall function of the space. For us it will primarily be for entertaining, cooking, and relaxing. Understand I won't be able to throw a lavish dinner party but I can create a comfy seating area for our guests to enjoy while keeping the space functional as well. So my first hurdle will be to find the perfect seating for the space. With summer just around the corner I am sure I will be able to find some great pieces. Stay tuned...Genelle

Please do share any fabulous outdoor ideas you may have. Our patio is small and square....thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment