Thursday, May 3, 2012

Weight Watchers Crockpot Taco Chili

Its been cold and rainy here in the pacific northwest and I love nothing more than to make a hearty delicious dinner on days like this. Unfortunately, when you think of hearty you think of calories right? In the hopes to shed a few pounds I am trying to prepare healthier meals. After much research, I once again came across Skinny Taste. Gina, of Skinny Taste, has the most delicious recipes ever and the best part is that they are all low-fat. I've yet to find a recipe that I haven't enjoyed. Today I am so excited to share with you another fabulous recipe, Weight Watchers Crockpot Taco Chili. I mean who doesn't love chili right? This dish was so easy to make and is surprisingly super low in fat and calories... only 203 calories and 1.4 grams of fat per 1 1/4 cup serving!!

(I forgot to take a picture of the finished product so I am using Skinny Taste's photo. Doesn't it look tasty?)
So lets get cooking!
Here is what you will need:


1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
2 cans rotel diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 package taco seasoning
1 10oz bag of frozen corn
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
1 onion diced
1 tbsp cumin
1tbsp chili powder
2-3 chicken breast

In your crockpot toss in all the ingredients (except chicken) and give it a good mix. My husband loves spicy foods so I added chili flakes for an extra kick. After all the ingredients are mixed together place the chicken breast on top of the mixture. Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10.

 About a half hour or so before cooking time is done, remove the chicken and shred in a bowl. Toss the chicken back in the crockpot and mix together. Top with reduced fat cheddar cheese and enjoy!

And that is it folks. I mean can dinner get any easier??...Genelle

2 comments: