Monday, June 4, 2012

Mommy Monday: Can it Wait??

Hello there. It has been so long since we have blogged and I have to say I miss it dearly. As I mentioned before Adriana and I have had busy schedules these past few weeks. So we apologize for our absence and are ready to go. How was your weekend? I spent mine doing absolutely nothing. I meant it. I didn't leave the house once!! It was great. Me and the hubs watched about 6 movies on Saturday and ordered pizza in. We needed that. Sometimes I feel like we are constantly on the go. It was nice to just enjoy each other...even if it meant not doing a whole lot. 
Today Happily Ever Chic has a guest post from a dear friend over at Raising Sticky Hands. Angie, being a mother of 5, shares with you firsthand the joys and struggles of being a mommy. Life gets in the way and sometimes things just have to wait. See how she keeps it all together...

Can It Wait?

13 Come now, you who say, Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit;14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.15 Instead you ought to say, If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.
Within the last few weeks I’ve known quite a few people who have had loved ones pass away. Time slipped away so quickly. Some were old aged, but some were not. At the same time, I’ve had a few close friends that have been diagnosed with serious conditions.
All of this is brought many things to light for me. For one: Death knows no age. I’ve known this for years, but it seems every few years something happens to remind me that no one is exempt. As James said, life is but a vapor and we are not guaranteed tomorrow. Second: What are my priorities and what am I putting first?
Lately I’ve been TOO busy. My pastor noticed this before I did. She asked me one evening, “Do you ever say no?” “No” I replied, and we giggled. Don’t get me wrong, I love doing things for others and helping them. I am in no way complaining nor will I stop doing this. But sometimes, I need to just stop and focus on my family. I realized this a few weeks ago after my two year old son came running up to me with his arms out for me to hold him. “Just a second chubby cherub. Mommy is really busy.” Suddenly, like a slap in the face, a still small voice inside of me said “Busy doing what?” Hmm… Nothing is as important to me as my children. What could I possibly be doing that is keeping me too busy? Then the second slap to the other side of my metaphorical face “I’m doing this to God, too.” Ouch.
When life is over, will I be remembered for the fact that I made aprons? No. If I actually got my house to look perfect and kept it that way, will I feel achieved in Heaven? Not at all. When it’s all said and done, all that matters is that I served an almighty God and raised children with integrity who knew without a doubt their mother loved them and would dropanything for them in their time of need.
I’m not saying that any of us should let our homes go, stop doing things for others, sit back and let life fall apart just to snuggle with the kids a little longer. But by all means, stop and smell the roses! Enjoy those babies while they’re young! Play a board game with the older kids. Make your husband’s favorite meal just because. Plan a date night beyond his expectations and show him you love him. And if today’s to do list doesn’t get done, don’t sweat it. Trust me, it’ll be there tomorrow.
A special thank you to my dear friend, Rena, for her inspiration in writing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment