Friday, June 8, 2012

Can we say CraigsList??

Well howdy. So  know it has been a while since we have posted a project. I promise we have TONS to share...its just taking the time to gather pictures to blog about them. Have you ever had a space, aka niche, in your home that you had absolutely NO idea what to do with. Well that was me. We had two symmetrical niches on either side of our fireplace that were too big to ignore. Of course I could have gone with the typical bookcase type unit...you know yada yada yada. But sometimes being ordinary and predictable is boring. I am sure you know what I mean. I like to have pieces that are unusual and unique. Instead of walking into my entry way and expecting a buffet/mirror combo, maybe a cool bench or chair/table vignette. I made a promise to myself that every piece in my home would be a fab find and refurbished by none other than...me! trust me its fun and easier to walk in a store and buy off the shelf, but it is more fun when each piece has a story behind it...even if the story is just a Craigslist find.

I came across what looked like end tables from the 70's or 80's. They were huge, sturdy, and perfect for the niches in my home. I decided that instead of using them as an end table I would use them as seating PLUS they had a tremendous amount of storage too. Never judge a book by it's cover and never underestimate the use of a single piece of furniture!

Here is one of the niches before...
I ended up painting the mirror a fabulous chartreuse....thats a later post...

The tables were dated and in serious need of a makeover. Unfortunately I deleted the "before" picture...I know I'm a dork. Any how I began by priming the tables before painting.
Here is a terrible side view...
I brush painted using Rustoleum paint in Black...I used a foam brush and they came out flawless!
Super silky finish...LOVE!
Here is a terrible picture of one of the niches all done. Please excuse all the fingerprints..I swear I cleaned them after! I am working on getting a new camera...think I have the husband convinced that I need it :)

Whatcha think? Pretty cool use for an end table huh? They provide additional seating, storage...and a catch all...lol!...Genelle

No comments:

Post a Comment