Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Miss Classy

Hello Wednesday! Hey guys! I am sooo excited to be sharing the reveal of The Stray Buffet! This is by far one of my favorite projects I have done!! When I found this piece, she was pretty beat...but with a little bit of TLC, I gave her a makeover! Take a look at the steps I took to beautify this buffet!
Before

Visit The Stray Buffet if you would like to see the steps I took before I painted. I decided on going with a simple semi-gloss white. I painted the entire buffet 1 coat of white, then I took a can of white semi-gloss spray paint and went to town! I have no clue why I didn't spray paint in the first place?! It makes it soooo much easier! Spray painting helps to get into the small areas where your brush can't reach.
After
 I bought this wood stainer at The Home Depot for $4
MINWAX-Ebony


After the paint dried, I took my can of stainer and an old t-shirt and started rubbing the creases and designs, then took the dry part of my t-shirt and wiped off the wet stainer. Repeat this process until you get the desired look.


I sprayed the finishings with Metallic Oil Rubbed Bronze
You can get this at either The Home Depot of Lowes- $7.98

I just love how the color of the hardware really ties in the vintage look I was going for!

After all the paint, staining and sanding was complete, I finished the job off with a protective clear coat.


  
Amazing what a difference???
Coming soon...a video tutorial on how to stain your furniture!

What do you all think??...Adriana

3 comments: