Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Stray Buffet

Well HELLO there! Happy Hump Day to you all! I was contemplating whether or not to post my project or brides on a budget...but I made the decision of posting about my lovely stray I found in San Dimas! (Stray: word I like to use to describe not so taken care of furniture, left for trash)

I love how some of my co-workers help me to rescue these pieces off the streets! Haha! Unfortunately, I do not have an open bed truck to just pick up these pieces whenever I please...I gotta call my step-pops for that! Yes, I also love him for being so generous and supportive of helping me out, even if it's located in tim-buck-too!

AnyHOO! So one of my co-workers saw this piece on the streets of San Dimas, in front of someone's house. I showed up to the rescue! Once I got there, the guy came out of his house and said it didn't fit in his room. So you just throw it away??? Geeze! It had a couple of minor dents in the front, but nothing too severe. How much did I pay? Absolutely NOTHING! Here she is:



First thing I did was remove all the harware and drawers and then I primed. I used Valspar Multi-Purpose Primer...this stuff works great! You can either sand or prime...in this case I did some sanding just on top BECAUSE there was some heavy blotches that I needed to smooth out. 
For the primer, I used a rolling pin and a sponge for the detailed areas.




I just love the details...Don't you??? Today I'm going to try and finish painting...I am still on the fence about what color to use...but I'm leaning toward one color...guess you will just have to stay tuned...Adriana


2 comments:

  1. I'm kinda sorta jealous that you girls are always finding this stuff and I'm not, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Craigslist! And...Pennysaver too! :)

      Delete