Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Another Fabulous Craigslist Find

Well hi there! It's been a while. I was down in Arizona for five days visiting my family. Some of the cousins I saw, I hadn't seen in over 3 years! I made great memories and cannot wait till we can meet again. It was nice to soak up the sun, however, I was ready to come home. I could only take the 100 degree weather for so long. It feels good to be back and good to be writing.

As you all know I am a sucker for Craigslist. I surf the site daily...all day...everyday. You never know what you will find. I came across this dresser a few months back. She was listed for $30 bucks! A dresser? $30 bucks? Yes please!! When my husband and I went to pick it up it looked nothing like the picture. It had been sitting on the side of a house and was covered from top to bottom in cobwebs and all sorts of other critters. For a second I had to take a step back and decide if I wanted to take this monstrosity home. Then I remembered that I was getting a dresser for $30 bucks. We loaded it up and home we went.


I immediately went to work and started cleaning this baby up. I removed all the drawers and all the hardware. Then came the sanding, priming, and painting. I chose to brush paint this piece. It took several coats of primer and paint...and tons of patience.


I painted the hardware black using an oil based latex paint.


For the final step I used a wipe on polycrylic. It protects the piece from everyday use and leaves a wonderful sheen. And here she is all dressed up and looking fabulous. She sits in our bedroom and looks so pretty. What do ya'll think?


I just love all the detail...




Isn't she a beauty!...Genelle

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this! Have a dresser i'm going to try it on. Thank you (:

    ReplyDelete