Monday, April 2, 2012

How Often Do You Date?

It's Mommy Monday!! How was your weekend? I spent my weekend chasing my 2 year old while attempting to help my mother move into her new home. Genius right? Not! Thanks to the help of my sister, I was able to get a little done.

This past week has left me exhausted...both mentally and physically. I need a break and SOON! I decided that it is time to break away from the redundant routine of everyday life and plan a date night for me and my fiance. Nothing too extravagant just a peaceful night alone where someone else makes ME dinner and cleans up the mess! If all goes as planned both the reservations and babysitter (aka grandma) will be booked by end of day. Have you ever seen the movie Date Night? I love this movie...anything with Tina Fey and Steve Carell is hilarious. This picture says it all right? Ever feel this way??


I have heard many relationship experts suggest that couples have a date night at least once a week. Sounds so easy right? It's not. But why? I mean we don't think twice about plopping our tush on the sofa for 2 hours catching up on our dvr'd TV shows or sitting on the computer (or FaceBook) for hours on end...you know your guilty of that! So why not use those few hours for ourselves and more importantly with our spouse.

I know we won't be able to actually leave the house for every date night and that's OK. After we put our monster  son to bed, why not share a glass of wine and have an adult conversation about something other than "Spiderman" or "Apple joosh". At the end of the day my response to my fiance usually sounds like this, "uh-huh" or "Wow that's nice hun". I am literally too tired to think.

Well it is time to change all of that. Nothing but good can come from this right? My challenge for myself is to execute a successful date night. The creative juices are already flowing. Love my lil monkey but mommy and daddy need some time alone.



Do you have a date night? Any fun and creative ideas? If so, do share. I am SO open for suggestions.

...Adriana

2 comments:

  1. haha sooo funny and I sooooo relate!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes Christian and I snag the comfy couches at starbucks and read side by side discussing whatever pops up over a latte:) or have a wine tasting night at home with a romantico movie!!! cost effective yet quality!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Date nights are so important.Even when your children are grown,like my daughter is,you cannot forget about your relationship. We need to model healthy love relationships to our kids,no matter the age. Our marriage comes 2nd to CHRIST,even before our Children, as hard as it is to believe. Love your guy's site.I think you will go somewhere with this...:))

      Delete