Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pinterest Baby Burp Cloths

I finally tackled another Pinterest project. For my cousins baby shower I wanted to give something heartfelt and homemade. I had seen these adorable baby burp cloths on Pinterest courtesy of Petite Lemon Blog. I loved how useful these were not to mention cute!! I plugged in my sewing machine and got to work. For the most part I followed the instructions, however, I made a few modifications that I think made this project a bit easier.
Here is the picture form Petite Lemon Blog. Aren't they super cute!!! Since my camera is still in California I have had to use my cell phone camera which takes horrible pictures. I could really use a good camera (hint hint to my husband). Warning pictures are not the best quality...

To get started you will need the following:

1 package of cloth diapers (I got a 12 pack at Walmart for 13 bucks)
Fabric of your choice (1/4 yard will make cover two diapers)
Sewing machine (duh)
Iron Heat bond (this is optional but it will help speed the process and ensure a more secure diaper)

Lay out a diaper and cut your fabric to fit down the center of the diaper leaving a inch of seam allowance.
Iron and press the seams in place.
Be sure to press firmly at the ends (couldn't find the picture so had to use another diaper example)
Take your heat bond and measure to fit the back of the fabric
Remove the heat bond backing and iron onto the diaper
And finally sew all four edges!
Voila!! That was easy right?

These took all of one hour to make eight diapers...not bad!!

...Genelle


No comments:

Post a Comment