Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tasty Thursday: VooDoo Donuts

Howdy. How the heck are you? Hungry? You will be after you finish reading. I must caution you that this post is detrimental to anyone on a diet. In fact you may even get in your car and drive to the nearest donut shop. Seriously. No joke!

When the hubs and I moved to PNW (Pacific Northwest) we were strangers in a foreign town. I had never been North of Sacramento and the hubs had only visited the Oregon coast once or twice, as a kid. During the 7 months we have lived here we have explored much of Portland and absolutely LOVE downtown. Of our many fabulous finds, we too have become a lover of one of Portland's well know hot spots, VooDoo Doughnut.


They have thee most unique variety of doughnuts. My fave is the Butterfingering. It's a yummy chocolate cake doughnut with vanilla frosting and tons of Butterfinger crumbles on top! Look at all that chocolate goodness...is your mouth watering??


The hubs favorite is the Triple Chocolate Penetration....
Translation: Chocolate cake doughnut with chocolate frosting and Cocoa Puffs!!


VooDoo has other amazing treats but nothing compares to their famous creation, a maple bacon doughnut. Yes, you read bacon and doughnut in the same sentence. This treat is very popular and loved by many...I still have yet to try it. I don't know but it just doesn't seem appetizing to me.

 They have even partnered with Rogue, a local brewery, and created a maple bacon ale...it even comes in a pink bottle! How cute is that!


With that said if you are ever in Portland you absolutely have to stop by VooDoo Doughnuts. They even have two locations downtown. Word of advice...they tend to have a line just like the one you see below so make sure you have enough time to enjoy the VooDoo experience. But trust me it is worth the wait.


That's me on the far right, my sister Saleena on the left, and smack dab in the center is my friend Lydia, a former fellow Portlander. Can you believe she had never been to VooDoo before. I had the privilege of sharing with Lydia her very first VooDoo experience. She left a VooDoo lover! Blame her?...Genelle




2 comments:

  1. Yes, I was hungry. Now I'm starving!!! Wish there was a VooDoo here, but then again... keeping things like that unfranchised (is that a word?) makes visiting them that much more special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree Angie! It's nice to look forward to places like this when vacationing!

    ReplyDelete