Sunday, April 29, 2012

Another Rescue!

Hey all! Mommy Monday here! This weekend was a bit adventurous! Spent some time with friends and with family! SOOO I'm happy to say that I have started on this lovely nightstand that my mother rescued for me! This bad boy is going to find it's home in my son's room..In my post Super Hero Makeover you will see what my intentions are for this lovely piece...


 Whoever previously owned it painted it like 5x...this needed much TLC!
First thing I did was remove the hardware. Check out how dull and ugly these were...they were plastic, to top it off!


I went to my local Home Depot Store (5 feet away from my house! YAY!!)
Bought myself my first orbital Sander by Makita! The gentleman helping me informed me that this was a trustworthy brand that last!



Now back to the piece...I bought a 60 grit sandpaper and went to town. Only sanding areas that needed it! Please keep in mind that 60 grit rips the paint right off...can be very harsh so you have to be careful how much your sanding or else you will start to dent and mold your wood.


As I have said in my previous post...I am refurbishing this nightstand for my son's room...I am actually doing something really fun to it...but I'm not saying yet...gotta wait!
SO check out my sanded piece now...


I recommend buying an orbital sander if you plan on re-doing your furniture or any for the matter...it saves you so much time from doing it by hand...
Now time to paint!!
 Stay tuned to see the final product!

....Adriana


No comments:

Post a Comment