Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Manly Easter Basket

It's Wednesday ya'll! This has to be my least favorite day of the week...as it is for you, Im sure! As in my previous post How Often Do You Date?, I mentioned how I was planning a creative date night. I'm happy to say that the babysitter (Grandma) is booked and plans are set (keep our fingers crossed that nothing comes up). Friday night me and my man plan on hitting up one of our favorite restaurants TOKYO KITCHEN,...it has to be thee #1 Tepan Grill, their food is AMAZING! If all goes as planned we will sneak in a movie...not too sure which one yet. Suggestions?


ANYHOO! Easter is right around the corner! Yay! Call me crazy but I not only buy for my son (uh yea of course) I also buy for my fiance! C'mon now, you know they love it when they too have a basket waiting for them at the front door! My mom still to this day gets me and my sister an Easter basket! The day she stops will be pretty devastating! I plan to continue the tradition! 

OK...so every year I have to get creative when buying for Cory (the fiance)...Yes, buying for the little guy is pretty easy! Got him all Spiderman stuff at the Target dollar section...and some marshmallow peeps (Gotta have those in your basket!)...and a book on Spiders, because he's obsessed! Now for Cory...he is a little more difficult to shop for! You want the basket to be a little more mature and yet still come from the heart. Here are some ideas (without draining your wallet) for your significant other to stuff his basket (um...that didn't sound right...) LOL!

First things first: Remember! This is not Christmas, so don't put too much pressure on yourself to go all out...remember what the holiday is all about!...the basket is just a bonus! 

Second: Men are simple people (unlike us gals). A simple backrub would please them, so don't feel the need to go crazy, save your $$ for that much needed mani! 

And Thirdly: Guys don't find it necessary to go all out on Easter, like us woman...so don't be hurt if he doesn't show up with a basket filled with goodies...it's most likely he'll give ya a smooch and possibly chocolates! Or not...LOL

Now...onto the basket filler! You will need a basket (duh!)...you can either purchase your basket at the local dollar tree (they have everything!!) or like myself...I'll get a little more creative and buy something I know he needs at Target! Maybe a small tapered fabric bin to hold his toiletries (gel, hairspray, electric shaver, deodorant) This particular bin you can find at Target for $6.99!


Manly Easter basket suggestions:

-Basket $1 at the dollar tree or $6.99 at Target for bin
-His favorite candy or batch of cookies wrapped up $3
-Men's magazine (Men's Health or Fitness) $3
-Plastic eggs filled with cute love notes and candy for his surprise $1
-DIY Gift certificate for a free backrub- or foot massage! Click Here for printable Template 
-Easter Grass of course! $1
-A new refill on his gel and hairspray $5-$10 (Depends if you get him the real real good stuff!)

VOILA! You have yourself a manly Easter basket all under $25! Now that's one thoughtful, inexpensive manly Easter basket!! ...Adriana




1 comment:

  1. I love giving and getting easter baskets:) good call on the eggs with love notes:)

    ReplyDelete