Friday, April 27, 2012

$6 Lamp Makeover

Friday is here!! Did the week fly by for you? It did for me! So what do you plan to do this weekend?
For some of you who have been following us before our website launch...I posted this project on my Facebook site...Some of you have questioned how to go about and re-do your own/rescued lamp shade...well let me tell ya!

I bought this lamp at HomeGoods for only $25! I liked the color of the base, and at the time I just needed to lighten our apartment. After our move, I didn't want to get rid of it...I just needed to change the look because the dark red base was blending in with our dark cherry wood end table. My living room was evolving into modern/contemporary style, so I needed a lamp to spark up my room! So here are the steps I took:
BEFORE (original lamp from HomeGoods)
Tape off rim and wiring
Cover top of lamp with grocery bag
Spray paint base with color desired 



Wait for paint to dry

Collect the following: Spray Adhesive, Measuring Tape, Glue gun with glue, and scissors

Items you will need

 You can either use recycling/craft paper to measure the amount of fabric needed or you can be like me and just estimate it and hope for the best! lol! ***Keep in mind, you should leave at least a couple inches top and bottom to glue inside lampshade for tight fit***

Lampshade Fabric
I found this fabric at JoAnn's using my online coupon saving me a ton of $$! Only spent $6!!


WITH OLD LAMP SHADE      WITH NEW LAMP SHADE


After hot gluing the edges on top and bottom, VOILA! There you have it!!!
...Adriana

No comments:

Post a Comment